Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Knitting Project For Miss Julia Umayam


This was my first attempt at knitting a stuffed animal and it turned out good. The hardest part was embroidering the parts of the bear, especially the eyes. They turned out more squarish than circular.
The pattern came from 'Knitting for Baby' by Melanie Falick and Kristin Nicholas.


I used just one ball of yarn to knit this baby bolero. The back features an eyelet motif that, according to Eastern folklore, brings luck and protection to the wearer.
The pattern came from 'One Skein: 30 Quick Projects to Knit and Crochet' by Leigh Radford.


To accessorize the bolero, I knitted a pair of pink socks and a hat which both have the same edging as the bolero, a K2 P2 rib.

I love knitting hats and made a light green (hard to tell in this photo) one with a "umbrella pattern".
I got the pattern in the same book as the baby bolero.

2 comments:

Hilleri said...

You are so talented Val!

kristin said...

Very cute! I really love the hat on the left. I'm getting geared up for knitting season at work...won't be the same without you!