Thursday, December 11, 2008

Back To "Normal" Life

I'm elated and relieved that the wedding is over because it took a lot of planning and much of my spare time.  I guess that's why I spent all of the reception dancing the night away which now I'm a bit guilty as I forgot to say "hi" and "thanks for coming" to many people.  I think I'm more disappointed that I wasn't able to get pictures (professionally) with the rest of my extended family.  Luckily, everyone in hand with a camera, I was able to have some nice pictures with my cousins.  Thanks for all that were able to attend the wedding and I appreciate everyone's well wishes and blessings to my newly married life!

So now I'm a married woman.  It doesn't at all feel any different...at least not just yet.  I'm waiting for it to feel different as some people say you do.  But as of now, I'm just happy to spend my time with my honey, my husband.  I guess it does feel a bit weird calling him my husband!  So here I am now back in Italy for four weeks.  And now back to blogging post-wedding.  Despite spending a short amount of time in Italy and heading back to Seattle in a few weeks, I'll try to spend my time, now that I have more on my hands without all this wedding planning, blogging about life in Seattle, life as me in general, and now life as a married woman!  

Chuck and I arrived in Italy last night.  I was shocked that it was cold!  When I think of Italy, I think of warmer weather and was surprised to find it much like Seattle weather, cold and wet!  I wasn't too prepared for it as I only brought one sweater; fortunately, I brought a rain coat and a warm jacket!!  I guess it's a good excuse for buying new clothes!  Anyways, it took forever to warm up the apartment as Chuck left the heater off for three weeks and ended up piling our sleeping bags on top of our very thin comforter and flat sheet.  So, IKEA here we come tonight so we buy a down comforter!  

I was very exhausted by the trip since we had a very long layover on the very very cold Paris airport, waiting eight hours for our flight to Bologna.  Luckily, I bought the book Twilight by Stephenie Meyer and am almost 2/3 into it.  It's pretty addicting as it's an easy read and pretty good book.  I'm looking forward to watching the movie version as well as reading the others in the series.  Fortunately, all of them weren't for sale at the airport bookstore or else I'd be doing nothing but read while I'm vacationing here for four weeks!  

I brought some other books with me to read while I'm back in Italy.  Not to mention the thank you cards I need to send people for the wedding gifts!  Since I didn't realize how cold it would be here, I didn't fathom needing a winter hat nor mittens.  So I'll be spending some time knitting me some winter gear!  And I'm excited to spend the weekends traveling about Europe, especially during the holidays!  I'm anxious to drive up to Germany or Austria for the Christmas markets!!  

I think this weekend we are planning to drive up to Innsbruck, Austria as it's only a four hour drive.  So I'll keep you posted of all of our travels while we're back in Italy!  

1 comment:

Hilleri said...

Glad to hear you made it safely! Let me know when your flight comes in and I will check and see if I can pick you up :)
Congrats Mrs. Rust!!
Lv Hill