Thursday, December 18, 2008

Japanese Food in Maranello

Knowing that I was tired of eating pasta, Chuck suggested eating at the new Japanese restaurant in Maranello, Izakaya:  Ristorante Giapponese.  It is less than a five minute walk from our apartment and across the street from the Ferrari museum.  Though the Japanese restaurants that I've been to here and in Rome does not have the variety of seafood as in Seattle, it was a nice change from pasta. 



We started with a miso soup (zuppa di miso) for Chuck.  I was waiting for udon soup with vegetable tempura which is what I thought I ordered.   Though it wasn't a soup, but a stir-fry with udon noodles (udon con tempura).  I guess when reading the menu, I should of looked for zuppa di udon con tempura verdure.  We also ordered edamame and for sushi; we tried salmon (salmone), tuna (tonno), and sweet shrimp (gamberi dolci) nigiri and futomaki rolls.  The salmon and tuna were pretty fresh and tasted good.  But I wasn't so keen on the shrimp nigiri as it was raw and tasted fishy.  



We also had three bottles of hot sake and so Chuck was acting a bit silly!!  Overall, the food was good and would dine there again; it's a nice break from eating Italian.


Izakaya:  Restorante Giapponese
Via D.  Ferrari 32/34
Maranello (MO), Italia
Tele.  0536 946480

1 comment:

Beau Lotus 涟 said...

The chef also cooks Chinese food on demand.

Try his chilli crab, ma po tofu and sweet and sour ribs.