Monday, April 27, 2009

San Diego

Last month, Chuck interviewed for his job in San Diego.  We decided to make a long weekend of it and get a feel for the city before moving down there.  Overall, we enjoyed San Diego.  The weather was beautiful and there is plenty of sightseeing.  We definitely have a lot more to explore when we move there as we only had time to go to the zoo, see the beach and go to two breweries!  Luckily we rented a car as Stone Brewery is a thirty minute drive from San Diego in the town of Escondido.  It is one of my favorites breweries as the food and beer are delicious and it's a beautiful facility.  We'll definitely be making a few visits here!  




We didn't get a chance to spend much time on the beaches, but we drove to Mission Beach and walked a bit of the board walk.  There was good surfing waves...cold, but big.  I'm excited to learn to surf.  I've never done it before and am somewhat afraid of water, but that's what I said about boarding and snow...and I love it!


I love the San Diego zoo!  We spent a whole day there and had to go back for a couple hours to finish seeing all the animals.  It is a huge zoo.  They do a wonderful job with all their exhibits and caring for the animals.  




Oh!  This is my favorite animal:)  He's such a lovely specimen.



No comments: