Monday, June 15, 2009

Farmer's Markets



Due to San Diego' perfect weather, farmer's markets can be found almost every day of the week (except Mondays). So far we've been to two markets, Solana Beach and Hillcrest. All produce are locally grown, certified organic and absolutely delicious. We bought apricots and pluots that were bursting with flavor and so juicy. I'm thinking of banning grocery store fruits and start buying all my fruits and vegetables at the farmer's market.

I'm trying to eat more green vegetables and one way that I enjoy them is in the form of juice. It's just so much easier because it's less preparation. We bought a refillable 32 ounce bottle of GreenFix, a refreshing juice with kale, chard, collard greens, romaine and green leaf lettuce, spinach, dandelion greens, parsley, apple, banana and flax seed. It was surprisingly tasty and can't wait to refill my bottle.

No comments: