Monday, June 22, 2009

Sunday Bike Ride

I'm not fond of driving in San Diego. The drivers drive fast and tailgate. Seriously, why in such as rush? But I like San Diego's spacious car lanes as well as bike lanes. Not only are the bike lanes wider, but they are very bike friendly with a lot of bike lanes in the city. I think they have more lanes than in Seattle. And though the cars drive pretty fast and furious, they are considerate of bike riders.

Yesterday, Chuck and I bike in San Marcos which is a city north of San Diego. San Marcos is very much a suburb and is a very nice place to bike ride as the traffic is pretty light. San Marcos is inland and it was a hot, sunny day. Poor Chuck got so sunburnt, red lines on both thighs and shoulders! Even I got a bit sunburnt, but being naturally brown...not so much.

So not only was it a really hot day to bike ride, but the route had some hilly terrain. By twenty miles, I hit the wall. Fortunately, we only had five miles left and we'd back to the starting point. I wasn't surprised by my exhaustion, not because of the hot weather, but we haven't been exercising as much as we should be. Since I bought my bike, I've only used it three times. And I don't have an excuse since I'm not even working yet!! LAZINESS, I say.

Usually, I'm not as tired from physically activity even if I haven't been exercising in a long time. Being a physical therapist, I'm always on my feet, moving around and it usually keeps me fit. This is a definite sign that my mini-vacation needs to end and it's time to start working!

And it's also time to exercise on a consistent basis. We're thinking of joining a gym. Sometimes I get bored by biking and running and need to vary the exercise routine.





No comments: