Monday, February 14, 2011

Growing Up Too Fast

I'm wishing time to slow down.  It feels like the weeks are just passing by too quickly and Cooper is growing too fast in such little time.  I can't believe in six days he'll be eight months and in four months a year old already!

I have loved watching him grow.  He is such a delightful baby boy and love him so much.  I can't get enough of hugging, kissing, smiling, playing and talking to him.  I am so fortunate that I am afforded the opportunity to work only one or two days a week and my job allows me to work weekends so that I can spend as much time with him.  I love work, but I love being with my baby boy more.  I don't think I'd be completely happy being a full-time mom though since I love working as a therapist!  It's just the right balance.

As I have said, baby boy has been doing so much.  A couple of weeks ago, he learned to pull himself up to stand.  He's getting around creeping though he has been able to do a few times crawling on hands and knees.  And he now has his pincer grasp and two bottom teeth!  I'm tempted to start finger foods, but I think I'll wait another month.  I'm terrified about him choking.  I did experiment and gave him a teething biscuit.  He did pretty good, but I got freaked out when a piece broke in his mouth.  I fished it out, yanked out the biscuit from his hand and gave him a few good whacks in the back for good measure...he  gave me a good wailing!  I felt pretty bad, but I was scared.  I'll need to get brave, but I'll wait for another month.

Visiting lolo and lola in Olympia.

Picking out a toy.

Using a pacifier as a teether.

No comments: