Sunday, March 13, 2011

Feeling Blah

I hate being sick.  But I don't know if I'm sick or if it's because of my congestion issues.  I'm hoping the allergist tomorrow will shed light on my nasal and sinus congestion.  I have a good ENT who referred me to an allergist as I have no clue if specific allergens in my environment are causing my poor sinuses and nasal passages to be congested.

Fortunately, the CT scan of my neck showed no abnormal masses and my lymph nodes are normal.  I guess the lymph nodes on my left neck is more palpable and prominent than on my right side.  It's always bothered me and all the doctors assured me they were normal, but I'm glad that a diagnostic test confirmed it.

He did say that removing my tonsils would be a good idea.  I have cryptic tonsils and they, especially my left one, gives me problems.  I have a follow up appointment in April and I'm pretty sure I'll go ahead with the surgery.  I'm not looking forward to it at all as I heard it's really painful and the down time is a couple of weeks.  But if it helps, then I'm willing to go through with it.  My wonderful mom said she'd take time off from work to help me at home with Cooper.  Thanks Mom!!

And Happy Birthday Mom!

No comments: