Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Still Sick :(

Cooper slept with us last night since he wasn't feeling too well.  I had to elevate his head up so he'd have an easier time breathing.  He wouldn't let me put him down unless I held him for awhile, but eventually was able to fall asleep in the middle of us.  We checked his temperature before we went to bed and it was 101 degrees F.  Poor baby!  Chuck has an aversion to checking his temperature since it has to be done rectally.  I bought one of those temporal artery thermometers, but they aren't as accurate.  Plus, I'm the one that usually checks it.  But since I didn't have my contacts in and my glasses are broken, Chuck had to check it early this morning.  It spiked up to 102 degrees F.  Partly, I think, is because he was covered in blankets and the bedroom was warm too.

Unfortunately, Cooper hit his head on our head board and woke up.  Thus, we checked his temperature, gave him some Tylenol and then proceeded to drink 4 ounces of milk.  That's encouraging!  Poor boy, his nose gave him a little trouble with eating; but it wasn't as bad as yesterday.  Despite having a fever and stuff, he's still feeling good to eat.

Well, I can't sleep.  It's was around 3:30 a.m. when he woke up and two hours later, here I am.  Cooper is now sleeping soundly on my chest while I am typing away.  I hope he feels better today and his temperature goes down.  I hate to worry about him and have him be sick.

No comments: