Monday, July 20, 2009

PT License

So I found out two days after taking the jurisprudence exam that I am now a licensed physical therapist in the state of California!! Of course, they weren't quick enough to mail me the results as it was first processed by the Federation of State Boards of Physical Therapy who then sends the results to the PT Board of California. But the PT Board was able to update their database and I was able to verify my license on their website.

I will be meeting with Career Staff this week to complete my paperwork and should be ready to work by the end of this week or beginning of next week. I'm excited to start working as I'm getting a bit bored. I'll be starting per diem, maybe 3-4 times a week and then transition to full-time as I become familiar with the agency and San Diego...and when I get used to the idea of working again!

I'll be working at different facilities in a 20-30 mile radius north/south of San Diego. I'm excited to work as a contract PT as I don't have to work weekends (finally!) as I can make my own hours and when I become benefitted, it still pays more than working direct for a facility. Also, I get paid weekly! We'll see how I like it. One of the downside is not getting familiar with a facility as you may not be there long term.



No comments: