Sunday, July 11, 2010

There's No Place Like Home

Cooper sleeping at the San Diego Zoo.

It's hard to believe that Cooper is 3 weeks old today. In 9 days, he'll be a month old! Time, as always, has gone by so fast.

Cooper has been spending more time awake during the day, but poor boy has been plagued by digestive issues. Thus, he is mostly fussy while he's awake. It's hard to watch him strain, moan, get red in the face and sometimes cries while trying to pass gas. I don't know if it's something in my diet causing his gassiness or if it's just his immature digestive system. We are still supplementing a little with formula (a bottle a day) and have switched to a tummy sensitive one. I haven't altered my diet yet, but will try cutting out those foods that cause gassiness. I still feel like I'm pregnant because I can't drink alcohol and caffeine as it can affect my breast milk. Now, I'll have to cut the chocolate, tomatoes, spicy foods, dairy, broccoli, etc. because it can cause gas! It seems like my diet will be more limited than when I was pregnant. Before I totally alter my diet, I'll see what the pediatrician says on Friday. But if that what it takes for Cooper to feel less painful and fussy, well then, I'll have to do it. It breaks my heart seeing him so uncomfortable.

Cooper also doesn't like not be held. He gets fussy and cries if he isn't held. It's okay if he's already asleep and you put him in the swing or bassinet, but if he's awake and you try to put him in the swing, bouncer or bassinet; he'll cry. Nothing comforts him more than being held by mom or dad, preferable mom.

If you haven't heard, Chuck got a new job...in Seattle! He's back with Boeing and we'll be moving back to Seattle. The movers come tomorrow to pack us up. Since we won't have any furniture and Boeing will foot the bill (well, for 5 days at least), we'll be living in a hotel until we drive up to Seattle next Tuesday. Then we'll hit the road and drive 4 days, since we have Cooper and will be making more pit stops, up to Seattle. The pediatrician recommended we'd drive versus fly as Cooper hasn't had his vaccinations and don't want to expose him to germs on the airplane. Anyways, we should be in Seattle by the 24-25th of this month. We're so excited!!!!

No more moving for us....we're staying put in Seattle!!! This is the last adventure for this urban nomad and the first of many adventures as a family of 3.

We'll see you soon Seattle!

1 comment:

Hilleri said...

Can't wait for you to get back to Seattle. Safe travels :)