Friday, December 31, 2010

Christmas

Cooper's First Christmas Tree

Chuck, Cooper and I went to Swanson's Nursery to pick out our first family Christmas tree.  It was an easy decision to make as there were only five trees to choose from.  I really wanted a noble fir, but the top part of it was pretty bare.  We settled for this tree as it was nice too and the tallest live Christmas tree that I have ever had...well, this is only the 3rd live tree that I ever had for Christmas as my family always went artificial.  It was a great deal too!  50% off the original price of $ 75.00!!!

There were live reindeers, a camel and donkey at Swanson's.  It was really cold that night so Cooper stayed in the warm confines of his stroller.  

We trimmed the bottom of our Christmas tree so that the presents would fit underneath, so I made my first wreath out of the trimmings.  It wasn't as hard as I thought it would be...just time-consuming.  I think it turned out pretty nice.

Our decorated Christmas tree!  Cooper has his first two ornaments hanging on the tree.  A handmade one and one from Chuck's brother's in-laws.  

Cooper's early Christmas present from my parents.  He tried it out by eating broccoli and sure made a mess of himself as well of the high chair.  Thank goodness for wipeable surfaces!

Christmas Family Portrait

We spent our first family Christmas at our place.  It was a very different Christmas for us as part of my family were not there for Cooper's first Christmas.  My mom was still in the Philippines because of my grandma's funeral and wasn't arriving until the next day.  My sister was spending Christmas with her boyfriend and his family in Pennsylvania.  She was going to fly back to Seattle on Christmas, but way too late to have dinner with us.  So, it was just my dad and the in-laws on Christmas day.  We had a yummy Christmas dinner.  Chuck made a prime rib which was cooked encased in hot mustard and sea salt.  My mother-in-law made green beans, salad, mashed potatoes and pecan pie.  And I made dungeness crab cakes.  Everything tasted so yummy!

Since Chuck, Cooper and I woke up late and my dad wasn't driving up to Seattle until the afternoon, we didn't open presents until after dinner.  Cooper was spoiled with many toys and clothing.  He is set for awhile for clothing...if I can resist the urge to go shopping!!!

Cooper helped open his presents by tearing the wrapping.  I had to be quick to get it out of his hands so it didn't land in his mouth!

Cooper's loves this toy from my parents.  It's a 3-in-1 wheelie thing which he loves to sit on and maneuver the steering wheel and gear.   

The most adorable bear!  Thanks grandma and grandpa Rust for the outfit.  He is the cutest bear there is!!!

I was very crafty this Christmas.  Not only did I make a wreath, put snowflakes on our front windows, and baked goods; but I made an ornament of Cooper's handprint.  I'm hoping to do this every year....well, until he's a teenager or an adult!

Cooper had a great first Christmas with family.  We are so fortunate to have such a wonderful and loving family to spend the holidays and make it special for  us.

1 comment:

Scrapping in Circles said...

I love the christmas ornament with the handprint. What a fun idea!