Monday, April 26, 2010

32 Weeks MD Appointment

I had my 32 week doctor's visit today and everything is going smoothly with baby boy. His heart is beating at a healthy 142 bpm and the doctor believes he is growing as planned. I was freaking out a bit as so many people were saying how small my belly looked for being in my 3rd trimester. Rest assured, my uterus is measuring average and the doctor thinks I should be delivering a average weight baby, maybe a 7-pounder.

As for me, I'm doing well. My blood pressure is normal, am gaining the right amount of weight and just getting a little more swelling in my ankles. I'm getting a return of nausea which is normally since my stomach getting getting pressed on by baby boy. So, she recommended that I eat smaller and more frequent meals during the day. Now, that is pretty hard as my job doesn't allow that; but will try as I can. I'm hoping to make it until 34 weeks, in 2 weeks, to check out and go on maternity leave; but it really depends on how I feel. But as I get nearer to the date, I think the time off would be good to plan and organize for the baby. I have another doctor's appointment on May 6th and believe I'll have her place me on disability.

I just can't believe that we'll be a family of three in less than 2 months!!! It's gone by so fast and am blessed that I've had such a easy pregnancy. But I'll be happy to get back to my normal size and my own clothes...oh how I miss you!!

In the meantime, I'm having such a great time being pregnant.

No comments: