Monday, June 30, 2008

Wedding Favors

Just when you've got a handle on planning a wedding, you're thrown for a loop...for me, its the wedding favors.  I've been to many a-weddings where you receive a wedding favor and you really don't know what to do with them.  A bookmark...add that to my collection.  I mean, really, it's so much easier to fold the corners.  I've tricked myself into buying bookmarks, but lets face it...I lose them, they never stay in the book, and eventually make their way into the nether regions of my couch. 

I know there are a lot of favors that are actually quite useful (candles, soaps, etc.), but I guess I just want something else.  I don't know what that is and who knows, I might never have the slightest idea of what it is.  And I probably won't have it at my wedding.

But here I am, hour after hour (as with no job, I'm have the time to do a lot of wedding thinking), pondering many ideas. 

 I just want to give something that young or old, male or female; everyone will be able to enjoy it.  I think that's why I love edible wedding favors.  I mean, who doesn't like a sweet indulgence of cookies, chocolate or candies.  And I'm leaning more towards that direction.  I'm 98% positive I'll do it.

I'm really into do-it-yourself projects.  I've actually planned a few of them:  ceremony programs, thank you cards, rehearsal dinner invitations, guest book and yes, wedding favors (including the tag and ribbons....or maybe no ribbons).  I think it'll be a big endeavor, but I'm going to try and do a few on these on my own.  One, to save some money (or not, as I  have calculated that a lot of money it still takes!) and second, to be a little creative.   

I figured I have 31/2 months for my projects.  It'll be enough time.  We'll see....

1 comment:

Hilleri said...

What about holiday cookies? You could bake and decorate them yourself (i would help too) or you can purchase them.