Tuesday, May 11, 2010

34 Weeks Pregnant

I officially started my maternity leave on Monday....and thank goodness!! Work on Sunday was brutal on my back and it wasn't like I had very heavy patients. But I came home with a very stiff and painful back. I couldn't bend at all and had to use my hands on my thighs to support myself when I stood up. Oh, I never had pain like that before. It still hurt the next morning, so much so that I broke down and took some Tylenol. After that and resting on the couch, my back felt much better by the afternoon and now, I'm back to normal!

I will miss working, but am so glad to have some time off before baby boy arrives to get ready for his arrival. Last Friday, my work threw me and 2 other preggo co-workers a baby shower. We had a yummy potluck and played a couple of shower games. They gave each of us some wonderful gifts as well. What a spoiled baby boy!!

Tomorrow, Chuck and I attend our childbirth prep classes. Hope to learn a lot of useful information as well as tour the hospital. We also attend a breastfeeding class on Friday. I'm hoping to be successful at breastfeeding and attempt to do it for as long as possible.


How Far Along:
34 weeks and only 6 more to go :)
Total Weight Gain: 31 lbs. Yikes!!! Definitely going over my 35 lb. max...oh well. Hopefully to gain no more than 40 lbs.!!!!!!
Maternity Clothes: For sure.
Sleep: Good sleep, getting up 1-2 times a night.
Best Moment of the Week: Going on maternity leave!!
Movement: Jabbing, shifting and rolling around motions. Some shaking of the belly...hiccups? Feeling limbs!!
Food Craving: Everything.
Food Aversions: None!
Morning Sickness: Nope...getting heartburn though.
Gender: It's a boy!
Labor Signs: Not for 6 weeks, + or - 2 weeks.
Belly Button: More an outie than an innie....both right now.
What I Miss: Deli meat. Alcohol. Triple shot tall Americano.
What I'm Looking Forward To: Seeing family in June.
Weekly Wisdom: Relax!
Milestones: Going on maternity leave.

No comments: