Tuesday, February 9, 2010

21 Weeks

It's been a very exciting baby week as I saw little Mr. Rust kick my stomach! He's been moving for a few weeks, maybe as early as 15 weeks...or at least I think so. It felt like tapping, popcorn popping. Little Mr. Rust has been kicking harder. So hard that I saw my stomach move! I saw my stomach move 5-6 times....so cool! I wonder if he's been making my stomach move for awhile but haven't noticed it because I'm working most of the day. Yesterday, I had the day off and was just relaxing my day away on the couch....that's when I saw him kick me. When Chuck came home, little Mr. Rust decided to take a nap because he wouldn't kick for his daddy. An hour later, though, little Mr. Rust was waking up and Chuck put his hand on my stomach and he kicked so hard that he made Chuck's hand and my stomach jump up! It made Chuck smile. I'm glad he's kicking away....makes me reassured he's doing pretty good in there, or at least I hope so. Little Mr. Rust also likes the right side of my uterus and I noticed when sitting on the couch that my stomach looked lopsided. And it felt firmer too.

I have my doctor's appointment on Friday. Besides the baby moving, the only thing else to report is my nose bleeds. I know it's common during pregnancy, but what a nuisance. I've never had nose bleeds before, but then again, I didn't have so much blood going through my body. It's only been bleeding from my problem child, the right nostril. It's always been the one to be more congested, more runny and now, more bloody. Luckily, it's been a couple times during the week and not a daily occurrence. But it's not a pretty site, especially with big blood clots....I know, TMI!!

How Far Along:
21 weeks
Total Weight Gain: 15 lbs. I'm hoping to gain just 15 lbs. more.
Maternity Clothes: I need to buy more! I'm getting tired of my rotating wardrobe.
Sleep: I've been a little restless for a few days...having to get up to go pee.
Best Moment of the Week: Seeing the baby kick my stomach!!
Movement: Definitely kicking away and I can see it too!
Food Craving: Filipino food (3 more weeks until I eat some!) and anything tasty.
Food Aversions: None really, but I still don't eat too much poultry.
Morning Sickness: Nope!
Gender: A boy...name undetermined.
Labor Signs: No, hope not for 19 weeks.
Belly Button: Still an innie.
What I Miss: Alcoholic drinks.
What I'm Looking Forward To: More baby kicks that I can see!
Weekly Wisdom: I always thought you tilted your head back when you have a nosebleed, but you keep your head forward. If you tilt it back, blood can go down your throat and make you nauseous.
Milestones: Finally see that baby kick my stomach and Chuck being able to feel it too!!

1 comment:

Andrea_H said...

ha! I don't miss peeing all night at all! I temporarily switched sides of the bed with Kyle so I was one step closer to the bathroom.