Tuesday, February 16, 2010

22 Weeks

Exactly two weeks and I'll be arriving back home to Seattle! I'm so excited to see friends and family, but of course, I will miss Chuck. I wish he was coming for a visit too as he's been homesick and would love another visit to Seattle. It won't be until Christmas, maybe, that he'll be home for a visit.

When I'm in Seattle, I'll be 24 weeks pregnant....6 months pregnant! It's crazy how time flies by so quickly. I definitely feel and look pregnant. People still think I'm a bit small for being 5 months pregnant, but I'm just deceiving them because I wear baggy shirts!! I still have yet to fill them out, but I will be soon enough. It'll be the 2nd time since my family has seen me pregnant. The 1st time I was only 3 months pregnant and wasn't showing at all. So, I'm glad that I can visit Seattle before I deliver in June as I know my family really wants to see my pregnant belly before the baby pops out in June.

My sister is organizing a "Seattle" baby shower and it will be quite a gathering as it will have friends, family and our extended family (my mom's friends). I'm hoping that some of my former co-workers will be able to make it to Olympia. It was a bit short noticed and quite a drive for some people who are coming from Seattle or north of Seattle. So if I won't be able to see you then, we'll definitely have to make plans to meet in Seattle while I'm visiting. For those who don't know, I will be in Seattle March 2nd until the 13th.

How Far Along:
22 weeks
Total Weight Gain: 15 lbs. and holding.
Maternity Clothes: I bought more maternity clothes, 2 more pairs of pants and a shirt. I want to get a cute little dress.
Sleep: Mostly sleeping through the night, but get up a max. of once to pee. I need to sleep earlier, but I've always been a late night person. But sleeping 6.5 hours isn't enough.
Best Moment of the Week: Feeling the baby move a lot, for sure! I'm trying to figure out his schedule...it seems like he's kicking every 2 hours or so. More at night, but then again, I'm busy working and not paying too much attention during the day.
Movement: Yes! And I can see it too.
Food Craving: Filipino food (2 more weeks until I eat some!), sweets.
Food Aversions: None really, but I still don't eat too much poultry.
Morning Sickness: I've been a little queasy in the morning before work, but it settles down once I'm working. A little queasy after eating lunch, but goes away once I'm working once again.
Gender: A boy...name will be a surprise.
Labor Signs: No, hope not for 18 weeks!
Belly Button: Still an innie, but I see it poking out.
What I Miss: Alcoholic drinks, deli meats, caffeine.
What I'm Looking Forward To: More baby kicks that I can see! And of course, being home in Seattle.
Weekly Wisdom: Having your fingernails grow faster isn't necessarily a good thing, especially when you work in healthcare. I've been clipping my nails more frequently this past month...ugh.
Milestones: Having a patient ask me if I was pregnant and when I was due.

No comments: