Tuesday, February 23, 2010

23 Weeks

I can't believe that I only have 17 more weeks until our little boy is here. I'm definitely enjoying the 2nd trimester, more so than the first one. It's such an awesome feeling when baby boy is moving in my stomach. Even more so when I can see him kick it out. He's like a flapping fish in there! It gives me great relief that there's finally a physical sign that he's doing okay.

I'm holding up pretty good, especially since I'm working so much! I have worked 8 days straight, though last Friday was only a 4 hour day. I do enjoy working...well, at least at one of the two facility and so don't mind working so much. And my body, thank goodness, is holding up pretty good. Once in awhile my back is achy, but I just rest a bit and then it's back to normal. I'm hoping to make it to at least the end of May.

My belly is definitely getting more noticeable and people are starting to finally recognize me as pregnant. I still do get that I'm pretty small for 5, going on 6, months pregnant. I say, relative to my pre-pregnancy size, I'm huge!! No stretch marks...yet! I'll post some more pictures soon.

I'm so excited that I only have 1 more week and I'll be in Seattle. I'm am craving filipino food and seafood. Jenny and I are going to have to go to Ray's Boathouse for dinner. I'll have to research and see if I can eat sablefish because I've been craving Ray's sablefish entree. Oh yummy! Anyways, I just can't wait to see everyone in Seattle because I have missed everyone!!

How Far Along:
23 weeks
Total Weight Gain: 17 lbs. I'm hoping to still be in the 30-35 lb. total weight gain!
Maternity Clothes: Definitely! I'm hoping to find a cute maternity dress on my days off.
Sleep: I get about 6-7 hours. I have too much energy late at night, but don't have too much trouble willing myself to sleep. Woke up twice to pee last night.
Best Moment of the Week: It continues to be seeing and feeling the baby kick. I hope he's a very active little boy :)
Movement: Yes! And I can see it too.
Food Craving: Filipino food (1 more weeks until I eat some!).
Food Aversions: None really, but I still don't eat too much poultry.
Morning Sickness: None this week.
Gender: A sweet little baby boy, the first son for my dad!
Labor Signs: No, hope not for 17 weeks!
Belly Button: Still an innie, but I see it poking out.
What I Miss: Alcoholic drinks, deli meats, caffeine, sushi.
What I'm Looking Forward To: Being home in Seattle for 2 weeks!
Weekly Wisdom: Having big boobs is a nuisance.
Milestones: For me, working 8 days straight and surviving through it.

No comments: