Tuesday, March 9, 2010

25 Weeks

I have been in Seattle for a week now and it has gone by too fast! I have been pretty busy running around getting my Seattle fix before heading back to San Diego. I have enjoyed, in no particular order:

  1. Sam's Sushi, their tempura udon is tasty. Jennifer said that their sushi is really fresh and so it a place I'll have to return to once I can eat raw seafood again.
  2. Cupcake Royale
  3. Grabbing coffee with Hilleri and shopping for baby clothing at Childish Things and Rising Stars.
  4. More baby shopping and window shopping at The University Village.
  5. Dinner with my former co-workers at Anthony's Woodfire Grill in Everett.
  6. Thuan making a wonderful homemade dinner and catching up on life.
  7. Having lunch with Jennifer at Steelhead Diner who is participating in the Dine Around Seattle. We had a delicious 3-course meal for $15. Afterwards, we walked around Pike Place Market and bought strawberries. I found a very cute children's store, Boston Street Children's Everything Store, in Post Alley. They have the cutest clothes and couldn't resist buying another pair of Zutano's booties. I held firm and didn't buy any clothing, though I was tempted too! We just have too much now.
  8. Dinner at the new Maritime Pacific Brewing Co. location with Kurt. It is still as busy as ever and I really was sad that I couldn't have a pint of Jolly Roger!
  9. And of course, the baby shower! Thanks for all that came and celebrated the upcoming arrival of baby boy Rust. He is now equipped with a whole wardrobe! As well as toys, bottles, etc. I will now have two suitcases packed to max capacity and may be over the 50 lb. weight limit!
While I was in Olympia, I found a really helpful store that specializes in cloth diapering called Simple Cloth. There are now more choices in cloth diapers and they were really helpful in talking through all the different systems. Chuck and I have decided to try our hand in laundering our own cloth diapers. Actually, Chuck urged me to try to launder our own as I was happily content with a diaper service. But you do save a lot more money washing your own diapers. Initially, cloth diapers are pretty expensive as you have to buy the supplies upfront; but thereafter, you're all set and all you have to do is wash them. I almost have all the supplies, just a dozen more pre-folds and couple more covers; and then we should be set until the baby is around 5-6 months old to get the next size up. After that, it should cover him until he's potty trained. So, it's really cost beneficial. Plus, it gives me an excuse to knit wool diaper covers!

I have really missed Seattle and glad to have a couple of weeks here to enjoy myself. But home is where the heart is and my heart is in back in San Diego. So though I will miss Seattle immensely, I can't wait to be back home with my HB.

And now for the 25 Weeks Baby Post:

How Far Along: 25 weeks and only 15 more to go!! It's going by so so fast.
Total Weight Gain: Maybe 19 lbs.? I haven't weighed myself since I've left San Diego, but with the way I'm eating in Seattle, I'm pretty sure I've gained a good 2-3 lbs. Maybe more?!
Maternity Clothes: Yes. I couldn't find a cute maternity dress at Village Maternity, but I borrowed one of my sister's empire dresses that is quite stretchy and it looked really cute!
Sleep: Since I'm not working, I've been going to bed at 3 a.m. because I have too much on my mind and getting up at 9-10 a.m. I will need to break habit of this as I return to work on Monday!
Best Moment of the Week: Being in Seattle and hanging out with family/friends.
Movement: He likes to kick when I start eating and very active boy at night time. As I write this at 11:57 p.m. he is kicking me every which way in my stomach!
Food Craving: Anything and everything, except chicken. Haven't eaten it since I've been in Seattle! Craving seafood since I'm in the Pacific Northwest and looking forward to Ray's Cafe on Friday.
Food Aversions: Chicken.
Morning Sickness: Nope!
Gender: Active baby boy.
Labor Signs: Not for 15 weeks, + or - 2 weeks.
Belly Button: Still an innie!
What I Miss: Sushi, sushi, sushi! And a strong strong martini :)
What I'm Looking Forward To: Seeing my HB on Saturday and cuddling with him because I miss him too much.
Weekly Wisdom: There is such thing as too much clothing!
Milestones: Resisting the urge to buy more baby clothing and going a week without being with HB.




No comments: