Tuesday, March 23, 2010

27 Weeks Pregnant

I thank my husband whose immune system is crappy for giving me his sore throat. He's been sick for 2 weeks now and I thought I'd be resistant to his nasty bacteria. My immune system is normally strong and if I weren't pregnant, I wouldn't of catch his icky germs. I usually get sick about once a year and usually fend off my husband's colds. I think he gets sicker more frequently than me. But being pregnant and thus, more immunocompromised, I woke up early this morning with a very sore throat. I was also very very tired. Despite being pregnant, this was abnormal for me as I haven't really felt very tired. I hesitantly called off work. And boy, am I glad I did! I don't think I could be at work being sick. I think being pregnant makes it much worse.

After I called in sick, I immediately went to bed and slept until 11 a.m. I really just wanted to stay in bed, but the baby was kicking me and telling me to go make something to eat. So I made pancakes, fruit and hot tea. Since then, I have been laying on my side on the couch just resting and cursing my sick husband for making me sick. But I have had a chance to catch up on knitting the baby's diaper covers. Besides taking a shower and getting water to drink, I have been on the couch exhausted because of this measly sore throat. Luckily, I don't have to work tomorrow and have another day to recuperate. Hopefully, this will pass by tomorrow.

In the meantime, here's an old picture of me in Seattle. I was 25 weeks pregnant. I am definitely a bit bigger now....it's crazy how much bigger you can get in 2 weeks. I'll get a more recent picture taken tonight if I can drag my butt out of this couch.




How Far Along: 27 weeks and only 13 more to go!!
Total Weight Gain: 21 lbs.
Maternity Clothes: Definitely!
Sleep: Crappy last night as I felt my throat getting sore.
Best Moment of the Week: Passing my 90 day review at work and still having that job!
Movement: He's getting stronger!
Food Craving: Soft cheese...thank god for pasteurization!
Food Aversions: I think I've gotten over my chicken aversion.
Morning Sickness: I felt a little nauseous this morning, but think it's because I'm sick sick.
Gender: It's a boy!
Labor Signs: Not for 13 weeks, + or - 1 weeks.
Belly Button: Still an innie!
What I Miss: Seattle! I really miss my parents, my sister and friends in Seattle. Oh how I yearn to be back home closer to family....
What I'm Looking Forward To: For this sore throat and tiredness to be gone and to pass my glucose test.
Weekly Wisdom: It's ok to ask for help....don't try to lift heavy things by yourself!
Milestones: Not being too depressed once I got back to San Diego, not buying any baby clothing, and being less skittish driving on the freeway.

No comments: