Friday, March 26, 2010

28th Week MD Appointment

Here's my belly at the end of 27 Weeks. I've got a pointy belly!

I had my doctor's appointment today. I have to start counting the baby's kicks. He's been getting pretty active between six and eight o'clock in the evening, at least for the past two days. In an hour, he's moved around in my belly about twenty times!

Baby boy is doing well. His heart rate is 135 bpm, regular and is growing well per fundal height. Also, he likes taking red blood cells away from me as my hematocrit was low. Normally, I was at 38% and have dropped to 30%. So, the doctor gave me a prescription for iron pills.

Despite being anemic, I do not have gestational diabetes. Yay! So far, the pregnancy is progressing well. I can't believe I'll be entering the third trimester soon. It has gone by so fast!

And we still have so much to do!!! Move to a two bedroom apartment, find a pediatrician, find a part-time daycare center, child prep classes.....and the list goes on and on.

It looks like we'll be staying in San Diego for at least another year as Chuck got a pretty good raise at work. And we were so looking forward to heading home to Seattle! Oh well, there is always next year....




1 comment:

MJ said...

I'm so excited for you and Chuck, Val!! Loving the updates...