Tuesday, March 16, 2010

26 Weeks

I am back in San Diego. I really miss Seattle, but it's good to see my HB again. I had a great time hanging out with friends and family in Seattle, but I was a bit lonely without my sidekick. I wish my visit to Seattle ended on a good note, but it was harried and stressful!

Last Wednesday, I got into a car accident on I-5. I was driving southbound to visit my parents when a car on my left tried to merge into my lane. I hit the brakes because I thought they were going to hit me and I lost control of the car on the wet pavement. I ended up hitting the concrete barrier dividing the freeway, mostly on the front passenger side, and damaging my parents' fender. Luckily, I didn't hit too hard; avoiding hitting my belly on the steering wheel, deploying the air bag or jamming the seat belt into my abdomen.

Once the firemen were able to tape the fender to the car, I was able to drive myself to the St. Joe's Hospital in Tacoma. They admitted me to the Labor and Delivery and monitored baby boy Rust for 4 hours. I'm so fortunate that the accident wasn't as worse as it was and the baby wasn't showing any distress at all. His heart was beating in the 140s and he was really annoyed at the fetal monitor as he was kicking it a lot!

On Monday, my OB wanted to see me and concluded, after a very very short visit, that the baby was doing well. I was hoping for another ultrasound, but she said it wasn't needed. She also said I probably wouldn't have another one since my pregnancy was so normal. I was a bit disappointed, at not getting another ultrasound, that is. I really want to see him again!! But glad that all is doing well and continues to do well....knock on wood. I have my glucose test this week and hope it goes well.

Work is getting a bit trying, especially with heavier patients as my baby bump has grown over the last 2 weeks. I'm a bit more tired and a bit more achy in the SI joint after working. Hopefully, I'll be able to work until June! It's uncertain at this point.

How Far Along:
26 weeks and only 14 more to go!!
Total Weight Gain: 19 lbs. If I gain 1 lb. a week, I'll be at the max. range of recommended weight gain.
Maternity Clothes: Definitely!
Sleep: Interrupted, getting up more frequently to pee and the baby's kicking is waking me up at times too.
Best Moment of the Week: Seeing my HB again.
Movement: Sometimes I wake up because he's kicking me.
Food Craving: Lemonade, fudgsicles, chocolates.
Food Aversions: Not much really.
Morning Sickness: Nope!
Gender: My baby boy.
Labor Signs: Not for 14 weeks, + or - 1 weeks.
Belly Button: Still an innie!
What I Miss: Sushi, prosciutto and beef jerky.
What I'm Looking Forward To: End of the work week.
Weekly Wisdom: Babies are resilient.
Milestones: Surviving a car accident and baby being okay.

No comments: