Tuesday, June 8, 2010

38 Weeks

I am really tired of being pregnant and really can't wait until he makes his arrival. I have my ob appointment tomorrow and will be really happy if I'm dilating more. Yesterday, I have had more Braxton-Hicks contractions and thought maybe I had actual contractions, but it was really hard to tell. Either way, they weren't really regular and knew it wasn't time.

I've been more tired than normal. I think it's because I haven't been as active since I'm not working anymore and have been lounging too much. Though I woke up a few times, I slept a total of 9 hours today. I really forced myself to get out of bed and wash some dishes. I'm feeling awake now, but I know in a couple hours I'll be tired again.

On the upside, Chuck and I found a new place to live. We were debating between 2 apartments, but finally decided on one. It came down to location as it's closer to Chuck's work. It is a bit more expensive, but we have a lot of space. The apartment is a little over 1,000 square feet with 2 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms. We even have a trash compactor! But the three best things that we were really lacking in our current apartment that we'll have are a dishwasher, a/c and on-site laundry facility...on the same floor!! The other apartment we were looking at had a washer and dryer in the apartment, but the commute and traffic really were the downside...at least for Chuck.

Anyways, we move in on the 20th and have our current apartment until the end of the month which will make moving easier...especially since we have family in town to help!! It's really going to be a very busy June!!!!!

How Far Along:
38 weeks and only 2 more to go...or less!
Total Weight Gain: 33 lbs.
Maternity Clothes: For sure.
Sleep: I got around 9 hours last night, but it was broken up since I needed to pee and eat.
Best Moment of the Week: Finding a new place to live!
Movement: Slowing down since he's getting bigger, but still moving. Tightens in a ball distorting my belly and making me really uncomfortable.
Food Craving: None at the moment.
Food Aversions: Not really.
Morning Sickness: Nope.
Gender: It's a boy!
Labor Signs: Just Braxton-Hicks contractions....maybe real ones, though can't tell. It'll be any day now!!!
Belly Button: More outie than innie.
What I Miss: Deli meat. Triple shot tall Americano. Sushi.
What I'm Looking Forward To: Family visiting, giving birth.
Weekly Wisdom: You can never really be prepared for what life throws at you. Just taking it day by day.
Milestones: Making it to 38 weeks!

No comments: