Tuesday, June 15, 2010

39 Weeks

It could be any time now. I thought I was having contractions this afternoon, but I think it was intestinal issues. I changed iron pills and this one doesn't still as well with my gi tract, so that could of been it. Or it could of really been contractions. Either way, it stopped. I called HB at work, thinking it was the "real thing", and I've never seen him answer his phone so quickly. I think he's getting anxious and nervous, ready to go at any time because lately when I call him he's been so quick to answer it.

Anyways, I'm just plain ready to give birth. I guess I can wait at least 3 more days until my parents arrive on Thursday night. My in-laws have been in town for over a week now. I feel bad because I haven't been a good host. I've just been plain lazy and just staying at home, being a big couch potato. And poor HB is working right up until I start having contractions. I'm pretty sure he wants the show to get on the road so he can take a vacation from working! Oh and of course, spend time with the little one.

I have my last scheduled ob appointment on Thursday. Who knows, I might have to schedule another one if this baby decides not to come out. Maybe the ultrasound was right and my due date is the 23rd instead of the 19th. Which means that I could be pregnant until the beginning of July!!???!!! Eeek!!! I hope not because poor Jennifer is only here for 4 days starting the 23rd or 24th of June. Oh please baby boy, please come by then so your first-time auntie can see you....that's the whole reason why she is flying down here!

How Far Along:
39 weeks and only less than 1 week left to go....I hope!!!
Total Weight Gain: 33 lbs.
Maternity Clothes: Yes.
Sleep: I got around 8 hours last night. I think I woke up a few times, but didn't have a problem going back to sleep.
Best Moment of the Week: Can't say until it's more confirmed. 2nd best moment has to be making it to the 39th week.
Movement: Slowing down since he's getting bigger, but still moving. Tightens in a ball distorting my belly and making me really uncomfortable.
Food Craving: None at the moment.
Food Aversions: Not really.
Morning Sickness: Nope.
Gender: It's a boy!
Labor Signs: Just Braxton-Hicks contractions.
Belly Button: More outie than innie. Not all the way outie though.
What I Miss: Deli meat. Triple shot tall Americano. Sushi. Hasn't changed since I found out I was pregnant. Weirdly enough, I have not been craving alcohol at all.
What I'm Looking Forward To: Giving birth!!!!
Weekly Wisdom: You can never really be prepared for what life throws at you. Just taking it day by day.
Milestones: A week to go!!!! Hopefully less, I hope!

No comments: