Wednesday, June 2, 2010

37 Weeks

I had my ob appointment this morning and the baby is doing well. I don't know why I scheduled my appointments in the morning as I don't have to be up that early for work and finding parking is a pain in the butt in the morning. But I did and oh well, I just have 2 more appointments...unless I go into early labor. Though I really hope I don't because I scheduled an appointment to see the ENT doctor on the 14th. That's not the only reason why it would be nice for baby boy to make his entrance on time....finding an apartment, starting the moving process, my parents arriving a day before his "due" date are other ones.

Anyways, baby boy is doing well. His heart rate is a normal 144 bpm and continues to squirm around in my belly. He likes to punch me with his hand and it's so fun to watch. I can't help but "punch" (more like a nudge) him back. Pregnancy-wise, I'm doing well. I tested negative for Strep B, so no antibiotics...yay! My blood pressure is my typical 100/60 mmHg and I've gained another 2 lbs. since last week. I'm also 2 1/2 cm dilated, but no change in effacement! My doctor asked if I'd had any contractions, but I've only had a couple of Braxton-Hicks ones.

The next few weeks and beyond are going to be really crazy busy. The in-laws, and I mean the whole family, will be arriving this weekend. Chuck's parents are staying for a month, but his brother and family will only be here for a week. My parents are staying for 2 weeks starting on the 18th and my sister will be here a little less than a week on the 24th. It'll be nice to see the family again and to have their support when the little on arrives, that's for sure!

How Far Along:
37 weeks and only 3 more to go...or less!
Total Weight Gain: 31 lbs. Looks like I'll be in my target weight gain range of 30-35 lbs.
Maternity Clothes: Can't wait to put them away in storage!!
Sleep: I got around 5-6 hours last night. Went to bed earlier, but got up around 6:30 a.m. because I was hungry. Tried to get back to sleep as I was still tired, but couldn't fall back asleep. Just laid in bed being lazy until I had to get up for my appointment.
Best Moment of the Week: Just hanging out with my HB.
Movement: Shifting around in there throughout the day.
Food Craving: None at the moment.
Food Aversions: Not really.
Morning Sickness: No. Acid reflux is gone. Still have a nagging sensation in my throat, but think it's my stupid tonsil.
Gender: It's a boy!
Labor Signs: Not for 3 weeks, + or - 2 weeks.
Belly Button: More outie than innie.
What I Miss: Deli meat. Triple shot tall Americano. Sushi.
What I'm Looking Forward To: Family visiting, giving birth.
Weekly Wisdom: You can never really be prepared for what life throws at you. Just taking it day by day.
Milestones: Being 2 1/2 cm dilated! We're on our way!!!!!


P.S. I've been a bit lazy on taking my weekly photo. Will try not to be so lazy this week and get one taken before the 38th week!

No comments: